The demand for data practitioners has increased dramatically over the past few years. Data Science, Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning are continually ranked as some of the most in demand professions and the need for skilled professionals to manage and leverage insights from data is clearer than ever before. The curriculum taught at UCI Division of Continuing Education is designed to meet the expanding needs for data professionals at all levels.
Our programs cover a wide array of topics in data science including data-driven discovery and prediction, data engineering at scale (inspecting, cleaning, transforming, and modeling data), structured and unstructured data, computational statistics, pattern recognition, data mining, data visualization, databases, SQL, Python, and machine learning.
- Learn from industry experts how to utilize a combination of science, art & business techniques to deliver new insights and competitive intelligence
- Utilize a variety of statistical and computer science tools and techniques to analyze data
- Understand and apply machine and deep learning software tools used in the industry to solve business problems
- Describe and use the typical tools and technologies required to model and analyze large (big) datasets
- Explain the use of typical tools to explore data (R, STATISTICA, Hadoop, etc.)
- Learn Python the language of choice for high-demand job fields such as data science, machine learning, predictive analytics, big data, and accessing web data.
Occupational summary for computer and information research scientists.